About Me

My photo
I am a mom and a wife, I love gardening, the outdoors, antiques, old historic houses, cemeteries, towns.. I love anything old.. I am fascinated with the 1800's early 1900's but love all history.. love collecting old things, resale shops, antique stores :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My interest in the paranormal, a not so new hobby...

You see it all over the TV now days, GHOST HUNTING! you know, some people are ask me if I started doing this because of Ghost Hunters, No, .. although I love that show, along with all the others, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, Ghost Lab (shout out to my fellow Texans), I have actually been interested in this for a long time but before all the new shows that came out, I was kind of embarrassed to say I wanted to try something like this, and of course at the time there was not much about it on the internet and I just had no idea how to get started, I wanted to start finding out about the paranormal because even tho in my beliefs I know there is a place we all can go when we die, you either go to heaven or hell period. .. I knew that ghosts existed, because I have had a few experiences in my life, not many but enough to make me want to know more..

When I was in my 20's, I had just moved back from Los Angeles after living there for 4 yrs, my grandma had died right after I moved to LA and I was not able to make it back for her funeral, after she died my parents moved into my grandparents house along with my grandfather, so when I came home I had no room of my own and slept on a mattress in the living room for awhile, one night I was sleeping with our dog next to me and both of us woke up at the same time, I had heard a noise in the kitchen thought it was my mom since she got up in the middle of the night regularly, when I noticed that the kitchen light was off, I knew it wasn't my mom, I heard the footsteps again this time sounded like they were walking through the kitchen this time, and kind of heavy, I didn't get up to see what it was, I just laid there and listened, after our dog started barking they faded away. so I know I wasn't crazy :)

Then in 2007, my brother in law was killed on his motorcycle, during the first week, my hubby, daughter and I went to stay with my sister - in - law in Deer Park, We stayed with her for a week so she would have some company and not be alone, her and I were sitting on the couch, I was facing the computer/guitar room where he spent most of his time, I kept seeing something shadowy and black out of the corner of my eye over and over a really dark shadow, all I could see was like from the waste up, you could tell it was a person/man a large person, I knew it was Jerry, my sister - in - law asked me if I was seeing something and I said yes, I didn't want to say anything at first, I didn't want to upset her, but she told me she knew what I was looking at and she knew it was Jerry,she started telling me some thing that had been happening to her all week after his death she knew that he was always in the house with her...a couple of nights later... I was sleeping in that same computer room (well trying to sleep) I heard footsteps like you would hear on a hardwood floor, and the computer that was off.. kept turning on and off.. I didn't sleep all night. and the next night my daughter who was 4 at the time was in one of the bedrooms playing with a Monopoly game, my niece watched her get up on top of a step stool and try to give one of the pieces to someone and then said "Ok I will" (noone was there)... after we asked her what she was doing .. said she was giving the piece to uncle nono, but he told her NO NO and to get off the stool because she would get hurt if she fell and that is what she was saying ok I will too, Uncle NONO, was Uncle Jerry.

I continued to read about it and after the ghost shows started popping up on the TV, there was more access to books and stuff on the internet and I found that there were teams actually paranormal teams with people that did think the same as me!! So, I went and bought me a few pieces of equipment and decided to find and join a paranormal team here in Texas, turned out, that team was not for me, So, a few of the members of the same team left and started another team of their own.
I am now with a group of people who are awesome, I have had the best time with them so far, we have gone on 2 investigations so far, both cemeteries, Beeler Cemetery in Houston, which we didn't think was active until one of my team members went through her photos and had caught both an apparition of a girl and a man, (the apparition of the man we did see in the cemetery walking around) pretty exciting when you find something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment